bright and colorful summer wedding at the joinery

The love, the color, the details...OH MY FREAKING MY!
WHERE TO BEGIN? I really don't know, so I'm going to apologize in advance if my writing is all over the place.

I met Rachel and Diana last summer. Rachel has a brother named Ryan. Ryan married Alexis last summer and I photographed it. I knew Alexis from a high-school friend and had known Alexis since (my guess) is 2011. You follow? Basically, I'm making my rounds in the fam! 

Ok back to Rachel and Diana's love story! As soon as they got engaged, Rachel texted me about photographing their wedding. Problem was they didn't have a date or a venue yet! That's ok because I just knew I had to capture their love (because with one simple scroll through this blog, you can FEEL how much fun these two are!) and I helped them navigate that initial planning element. They eventually got a date and a venue and from there it was off to the races! 

These two have slightly different styles, so they created a design that incorporated a bit of both. Diana really wanted fall oranges incorporated into the color pallet and when they landed at the Joinery, that staple blue found itself in their swatch! 

To say I'm obsessed with their details is an understatement. But beyond their epic taste in wedding decor, what really made the day was the legit contagious smiles that they just couldn't wipe off of their faces the entire day. I think it's pretty obvious in their photos just how freaking smitten they are with each other. It's infectious: their love! 

I truly had the best day ever capturing their love story and I'm so so excited to show off this blog! 
Congratulations you two!!

Vendor Team:
Venue: The Joinery
Wedding Planner: Ohana Events
Florals: Thistle & Plume
Photography: Photography by Lauryn
Hair: Kirk That Updo
Makeup: Makeup Artistry by Lauren
Catering:Jordan’s Food of Distinction
DJ: Cage & Aquarium
Cake: ECBG 
Lighting: Elevated Event Design
Trolley: Windy City Trolley
Getting Ready Hotel: Renaissance Chicago Downtown

 


0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top