black and white: a styled shoot

Instagram is amazing guys. Can you believe this entire shoot happened because of one IG comment?


Instagram is such a powerful tool. Everyday, I'm engaging with local brides, clients and wedding vendors. Many of the vendors, I only know in the online bubble. But you wanna know what's so great about this industry? Almost every single business owner I've met is a people person. They want to meet you and become friends with you and WORK with you!

Enter MK. MK and I had been chatting on IG back and forth for months as if we were old friends. We had never actually met, though, in person. So we made a point to meet up for lunch during off-season to put faces to this IG profile. (I'm realizing how much this sounds like online dating as I type this). We grabbed some empanadas and chatted all things business, dogs, Chicago, Ultimate Frisbee, you name it! After about 6 empanadas and a very delayed soup order, we started talking about styled shoots and what we were dreaming of doing for one.

And bam. That's how this shoot happened. Over empanadas and potato soup. I feel lucky that every time I dream up a styled shoot, it comes together pretty effortlessly. That just speaks to the vendor pool we have here in Chicago. The vendor team that MK was able to bring together was EPIC and I'm so so honored to have met and now worked with these gals! 

It also helps to have a couple that is insanely in love IRL. I went to high school with Kalli, our bride and Eddie, her real life husband, was able to take off a day of work to play model! These two rocked it out and this shoot wouldn't have been as successful as it was without their googley eyes for each other. 

I'll stop my talking now and let you get to the goods. But please please check out the vendors that made this shoot come to life!

Venue: Chicago History Musuem
Planning & Styling: Your Day by MK
Photography: Photography by Lauryn
Florals: Stemming from Love
Hair and Makeup: Meghana Prasad
Champagne Wall: The Bubbly Truck
Paper Goods: Kalligraphy Kat
Dress: Varca Bridal 
Tux: Formally Modern
Rentals: Halls Rentals




































1 Comments

  1. Beautiful pictures you have got captured. I am impressed when seeing this post. Keep continuing guy.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top