mr. and mrs. powalish

Meghan and I met over Starbucks one freezing January afternoon. Immediately, I knew I wanted to work with her. She is a hair dresser in Geneva, so I ended up having her do my hair throughout the months and got to hear all of her planning and the details that were coming together leading up to her wedding day. Jonathon and I finally had the chance to meet at their e-session and when I saw the two of them together, I knew this day was going to be a blast! Fast forward to September 10, 2016 and the day was here. Meghan let me know that she reads my blogs; so she was fully aware of my obsession with the details. Everyone kept telling me "Lauryn make sure you photograph that wood stump." I wasn't so sure why this stump was so important to photograph, but it was cute and they made it into the little platform that holds the rings for the ring bearer. It was then that Meghan let me know; this "stump" just so happened to be a piece of the tree that Jonathon proposed to her under. Oh. My. God. Ok bring on the details girl! The girls all got ready together at Meghan's childhood home which makes those gorgeous formals in front of that bay window that much more meaningful. I'm so happy that the old "conform to wedding traditions" schpeal is out the window and originality is IN! Jonathan and Meghan's wedding ceremony was held at the beautiful Prairie Landing Golf Course. See that sweet old blue car? Yea, that's Jonathan's Barracuda and Meghan's "something blue."  It was the sweetest when Jonathan stopped me and said "can you get pictures of me helping her into the car?" ugh my heart burst and honestly, the car photos are my favorite of the day. I just love the way he's looking at her in that one down below! Meghan had a first look with both her dad and her hubby. LADIES: DO FIRST LOOKS! If not with your man, do it with your dad because the photos are always epic and I always cry. Such beautiful moments. A new trend I'm seeing in ceremonies is the passing of the rings through your family and friends. It's a way of blessing the rings that represent your union and I can't get enough of it.

I could go on and on about why I loved documenting this day, but just take a peek at the pictures because they definitely showcase the love this couple shares. Congratulations you two!






























0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top