romantic rooftop wedding at morgan's on fulton

When a wedding comes straight out of Pinterest...
WOW. WOW. WOW. I don't know where to start. Should I start with how many happy tears were at this wedding? Should I start with the stunning decor? Or should I start with the doodle? AH! 

Everything was perfect. Melanie and Mike are so wildly in love it's amazing to witness! I was so excited for this wedding and as the planning details were finalized, I just knew that this wedding would be so freaking photogenic! I was correct; tenfold. 

We began the day at Hyatt House in West Loop where the couple's fur babe, Jax, was helping both his mom and dad get ready! Jax himself had a floral piece that he got to wear as he had a very important role in the wedding party. He was the ring bearer! We had the first look over looking the Chicago skyline before Melanie and Mike walked their wedding party to their venue, Morgan's on Fulton.

We walked the streets of West Loop into Fulton Market and grabbed candids in the Chicago streets! It was such a fun way to capture the day and incorporate the look of Chicago in a non-traditional way. We made a few stops along the way to capture some formals and ended our walk with a champagne pop before heading into the venue!

The day was truly beautiful and we were able to have a rooftop ceremony! It was just pure perfection! Abby McKinney and her team transformed the space into a candlelit dinner space just before the rain came. Dinner was served under a glass ceiling with the dripping of rain on the panes. COME ON ROMANTIC DREAMS!

I'm so excited to show off these images, but before I start laying them out, I need to mention how many happy tears were shed this day. Mike. Mike is so in love with Melanie and his reactions to seeing his bride walk down the aisle and reading his own vows to her; it was unlike any other moment I've witnessed. Weddings like this one make me thankful I have a camera in front of my face to conceal my ugly crying.

Congratulations you two! 

Vendor Team:
Planing, Design & Floral: Abby McKinney Events
Venue: Morgan's on Fulton
Photography: Photography by Lauryn
Cakes: EyeCandy Bake Shop
Hair: Hannah Aubrey Hair
Makeup: Makeup by America F
DJ: Toast & Jam DJs

 

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top