chilly riverwalk wedding at the westin river north

Have you ever seen a turtle flower girl? Because I have!
Shannon and Paul sure know how to make an impression! WHEW! There were so many smiles, laughter and memories made on their wedding day that I'm not even sure where to start when I think back because the entire day was perfection!

I could start in about the gorgeous florals, the fact that it started snowing during portraits, the hilarious moment of the window washers crashing the bridal prep, the groom joining the band and playing a trumpet solo. OR. I could talk about the fact that these two truly wanted their animals involved in their day and they stopped at nothing to get them involved!

Colors is Paul's turtle from childhood that he rescued. She is 22 years old and near and dear to this couple. Kylie is their pup that also had a shining moment. It was super important to both Shannon and Paul that their babes had their moment down the aisle. Both animals strutted down the aisle before Shannon made her debut and I tell you; I have never seen a turtle walk the aisle before, but add it to the resume! The human flower girl tossed dog treats down the aisle to lure Kylie all the way to the front and it was the cutest thing! At cocktail hour, the signature cocktails were named Colors and Kylie! It makes me so happy when my couples get creative and incorporate all the things that are close to their hearts. 

I'm so excited to share these images! Congratulations to the new Mr. and Dr. McDonald!

Vendor Team:
Venue: Westin River North
Planning + Coordinating: Sweet Chic Events (Courtney)
Photography: Photography by Lauryn
Florals: BouK Bridal
Videography: The Alcantaras
Beauty: Lilly's Bridal Hair and Makeup
Desserts: Lezza Spumoni
Band: Yazz Jazz Music Productions: Heat Wave
Wedding Gown: Winnie Couture
Bridesmaid Dresses: Kennedy Blue
Men's Attire: The Black Tux
Animal Attendant: Luxe Dog Nanny

 

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top