phoenix desert botanical garden: an art deco spring wedding

This is what dreams are made of!
I have been counting down the days for this day for awhile now! When I traveled to Phoenix last fall for Sarah and Shane's engagement session, I got my first taste of the desert sun as it relates to photography. The scenery is certainly different than Chicago, but it is a much welcomed change! I love the cacti and the colors, so when Sarah told me the vibe she was going for in the desert was art deco, I just knew that this wedding would be a photographer's paradise!

Sarah and I go way back, but funny enough, we didn't really connect until she was engaged. Sarah's mom and my mom are high school BFF's and kept in touch this entire time, but since Sarah lived in Phoenix, we never really built a friendship. Welp. That's over. Sarah and I act like we've known each other forever and she is truly such a fun spirit, so when I got to know her and Shane better, I fell in love with their love and their story. 

The wedding was ALMOST as beautiful as these two's souls. Between Shane's green suit, Sarah's STUNNING dress and the decor that Sarah meticulously planned, this wedding was something off of a Pinterest board! I had an amazing time connecting with Phoenix wedding vendors (who are just as lovely as Chicago wedding vendors) and to top it off, the food was BONKERS good! 

I'm so so excited to share these images and I know Sarah is chomping at the bit, so I had to do this at the airport before I boarded my flight back to Chicago! 

Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. Kirby!

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top