rainy spring wedding at kemper lakes golf club

Rain or shine; Adrienne and Quinn were so excited to say "I Do!"
I just knew going into this wedding day that it would be beautiful. Adrienne has great taste in style and coming into the day, I was preparing myself for a gorgeous space! I was 100% correct!

The weather for Saturday kept changing each day leading up to it. It would show spits of rain in the morning, then it would jump to 70% chance all day and back, so I just came to take it in stride, knowing that whatever happened, we would make it work! Plus, a rainy wedding makes for good pics :)

When I showed up to the hotel, I was immediately in love with the golden champagne bridesmaids dresses I saw hanging in the closet! They are the PERFECT shade and paired with Adrienne's "Lucy" gown, they were a very smart design choice. I knew that the wedding was navies and golds, so I was getting pumped to see it all come together!

While it rained pretty much all morning and into the early afternoon, we had spots of sun and blue sky during portraits at Quinn's family home. After the ceremony, it finally stopped raining long enough for us to do portraits at the venue's property, Kemper Lakes Golf Club. Because it's spring, I really wanted to find a flowering tree to be the backdrop and we ended up setting up shop under a gorgeous pink tree placed right in front of the lakes.

I love love love the way this wedding was photographed; it just tells the story of the day in a way that's authentic to the new Mr. and Mrs. O'Grady!

Congratulations to the newlyweds!

Vendor Team:
Venue: Kemper Lakes Golf Club
Planner: Ohana Events
Photography: Photography by Lauryn
Florals: Two Sisters Events
Beauty: Fearless & Bella
Band: Bluewater King's Band
Cake: Lovin' Oven Cakery
Wedding Gown: Anne Barge from Bella Bianca
Bridesmaid Dresses: Jenny Yoo from Bella Bridesmaids
Men's Attire: The Black Tux
Transportation: Elite Limo and Chitown Limo Bus
Paper Goods: Minted
Custom Bar Cups: SipSip Hooray 

 

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top