she's a dime: the pbl ten year anniversary party

It's been an amazing ten years! 
It's been TEN years of Photography by Lauryn being full time! Seriously, where did the time go?! 

The past ten years of my business have been the most amazing ride. It's kind of weird to already be talking about in the past tense because I swear, I just made the leap to full time, ha! 

2024 marks 10 years since I took the leap into full time, but I actually started Photography by Lauryn in 2010 during my junior year of college. I had been photographing my friends for fun in high school and told my parents that I wanted to go to college for photography. I was told *no* (it’s ok, my parents now see the vision) and so I ended up going to school and got my triple degree in advertising, marketing and leadership (I knew I wanted to be a boss) Secretly, I knew that marketing would help me as a business owner, so I let my dad think I was buying into his ideas and not my own.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I got a job right out of college as an assistant account coordinator working for major brands like Gatorade, Pepsi, Oreo and Unilever. It was fun, sure, but my soul was being crushed knowing that my true passion lied with my camera. 
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
January of 2014, I made the (very) scary decision to quit my job, leave my apartment, leave my benefits, and move back home to really give my business a go. It had been developing on the side for 4 years at this point and I just had to try. I promised my parents that if I wasn’t making my salary within two years, I would go back to marketing. (That never happened)
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
March 2014 welcomed my last day with my advertising position. And alas, this full time journey began. This week, I’m going to be resurrecting old marketing strategies that I attempted way back when and I also dug up some old Facebook statues that narrate what was going on in my head LOL. At the time, I was 23 years old and thought I was untouchable, of course. 

Anywho, to celebrate, I wanted to do something BIG. A party was the only answer, naturally. So, I threw a party for myself and invited family, friends, vendors and clients! Because I'm not a wedding planner, I didn't connect that the date I chose fell over spring break AND Easter weekend, so many of my past clients couldn't make it. I promised them I would take pics so they could feel like they got to be there! 

So, here it is! A snapshot of the party of the decade for Photography by Lauryn! Thank you to everyone who has been there with me over the last ten years! It truly has been an honor to photograph you, work with you, and capture YOUR best days!

Special thanks to the vendors who helped make this vision a reality:
Planning + Design: Rustique Swan 
Champagne Charms: Mintaka Designs 
Balloons: Kio Kreations

 

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top