an engagement session at the shedd aquarium

 Engagement sessions that take place at locations with meaning >

I say this all the time, but this time, I really truly mean it; I don't even know how where to start with this blog entry!

I joked with Amanda at the session, "hey how should I blog this?" Even she said, just say it how it is....so here it goes!


Amanda and I go way back. A decade to be exact. The story is *very* long, so I feel the need to do a TLDR; Amanda and I share an ex-boyfriend. Yup. She was the girl that came right after me when I broke up with my then boyfriend. Naturally, we didn't talk or have any kind of a friendship. HOWEVER. My husband remains friends with my ex (long story there, too) which means I still saw my ex every now and then throughout friend gatherings. Eventually, years passed, I married my now husband, Amanda and him were still together and it finally felt like the awkwardness had subsided where he could bring her around. The moment we hashed out our bad blood (that's dramatic) we instantly clicked and realized we have a lot in common (he clearly had a type). So long story short, we were both cool with each other. When they broke up, Amanda and I could finally bond over our experiences. Sorry, Matt.

Anyway, we remained friends on social media and when she got engaged to Thomas, she felt the need to ask me if I would be comfortable photographing their engagement session. Of course, I said DUH! So here we are, Thomas and Amanda are getting married!

Thomas proposed to Amanda in front the penguin exhibit at The Shedd Aquarium. That wasn't his original plan, though! He wanted to pop the question in front of the shark windows, but it was so crowded when they got there, he had to pivot. So when it came to their engagement photos, both the shark exhibit and the penguin exhibit was a must-shoot location. 

When we arrived to the shark windows, it was pretty much empty (YASS!) and Thomas asked if he could have the moment he originally envisioned by recreating the proposal for photo purposes. It was just so cool capturing these two in the very spots that their engagement era started.

Congratulations to Amanda and Thomas!


0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top